Day 2 :
Al Watany Eye Hospital
Keynote: Safe land with small pupils
Time : 09:00-09:25
Ashraf Armia Balamoun has completed his MD from Cairo University of Egypt. He has completed his Master degree in Ophthalmology from Cairo University of Egypt and his FRCS in Ophthalmology from Glasgow, UK. He is a Consultant Eye Surgeon at Al Watany Eye Hospital in Egypt, a Shareholder and a Member of the Board of training program at the same hospital. He has participated in various international conferences.
- Different types of pupiallry dilator devices.
- Videos representing cases with the devices.
- How to manage these cases intra operatively.
- Post operative pictures about these cases.
- 3 video cases.
Aim of the presentation:
- Good size capsulorhexis to decrease incidence of post-operative capsular phimosis.
- Always do closure of all openings to prevent post-operativehypotony.
- Always use one piece hydro phobic acrylic IOL to prevent to operative inflammation and PCO.
- Maintain pupil dilatation post-operative to decrease posterior synechiae.